Information for Students

New patient?

If you need regular medication for any condition, let us know when you register. We can provide the repeat prescriptions when you need them but 48 hours notice is required for all repeat prescriptions. Talk to reception if there is a problem.
Important: We need to know if you are already on a hospital waiting list.

Home & Away

If you change your term-time address please let us know.
If you need medical attention while you are away from Aber (for example, at home during the holidays), register with a doctor there as a Temporary Resident. Then your medical records will stay safely here with us.

Sexual & Reproductive Health

Information about our local Sexual & Reproductive Health Clinic in Aberystwyth can be found here.

To request contraception please see a Doctor first.
We only give prescriptions for the pill (oral contraception) after a check-up by a Doctor. We hold a drop in clinic contraceptive clinic - for more information click here

Emergency contraception can be obtained via local pharmacies, or from us via an urgent appointment. 

Finally, please note!

* The university only needs a sick note if you are ill for more than 7 days.
* If you miss an exam because you are ill - get the sick note while you are ill!
* Casualty at Bronglais Hospital deals with accidents and injuries.
There may be a charge for some medical examinations & reports not on the NHS.

NHS WalesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website